Arrival Registration for Travelling to Saudi Arabia Procedures Rules and Regulations.
Updated 22 November 2021
Saudi Arabia : Travel may have resumed in most parts of the world, but it has not become easier. The kingdom of Saudi Arabia has lifted its air travel restrictions, Allowing international flights to and from the Saudi Arabia to largely resume, but travelling to the country Saudi Arabia requires passengers to submit certain essential and mandatory documents, complete appropriate registration and clear several pre-entry checks.
If you are planning to travel to the Saudi Arabia KSA, here are the arrival registration procedures you must be aware of.
Arrival registration in Saudi Arabia.
Apart from Covid testing, visa requirements & quarantine, before flying, all travelers must register their details, including comprehensive vaccination information, on online portal (electronic registration of the vaccine) no less than 72 hours before flying to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The travelers’ information is linked with the Tawakkalna app, which facilitates the completion of the entry procedures for all arrivals to the Kingdom from all the Kingdom’s international Routes.
For Passengers travelling on tourists/visitors
The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) has mandated registering the data of immunized travelers arriving Saudi Arabia who are non-Saudi citizens and exempted groups before arriving at the Kingdom, through the Muqeem portal.
- Fully vaccinated travelers can register themselves with https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/register-visitor?type=VaccinatedVisitor
- Non-vaccinated exempted categories of travellers can register through the link: https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/register-visitor?type=NotVaccinatedVisitor
For residents Passenger travelling to Saudi Arabia.
Saudi citizens & non-Saudi residents (holding Iqama for residents) who are currently outside Saudi Arabia must register according to their vaccination status:
- Non vaccinated residents Passengers must register with https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/register-resident?type=NotVaccinatedResident.
- Fully vaccinated residents Passengers will register through the link: https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/register-resident?type=VaccinatedResident.
- Residents who have received one of the vaccines, approved by the Ministry of Health of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, can register via the link: https://eservices.moh.gov.sa/CoronaVaccineRegistration/ in order to get the approval of their vaccination certificates and update their immunization status.
All Residents of Saudi Arabia, who were vaccinated within the country will need to show their immunization status before boarding their flight to Saudi through the health status of the Tawakkalna application or by submitting a report proving immunization in the Kingdom via the Quddum platform.
For medical visitors
All Non-vaccinated medical visitors, entering Saudi Arabia by land or Air are mandated to register themselves through the link https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/register-visitor?type=MedicalVisitor.
Acknowledgment of the accuracy of the entered information and the correctness of the information will be verified at the entry points, and failure to comply with these requirements makes it open to preventing entry to the Kingdom and the legal consequences.
For all domestic laborer’s arriving with a Saudi citizen
All Domestic laborer’s, entering KSA along with a Saudi citizen can register their details here on the link https://muqeem.sa/#/vaccine-registration/register-domestic-labor. mandatory for the domestic worker to accompany the Saudi citizen on the same trip.
For Umrah Hajj pilgrims.
The Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has confirmed that foreign umrah pilgrims will be allowed to partake in the Umrah 2021, Umrah 2022 albeit with several rules and restrictions that should be strictly followed. If you’re looking for the complete guidelines, registration procedures, testing and quarantine measures to be taken for the Comming Hajj 2022 or Umrah 2022, you can find it here – Umrah 2022 Packages: Everything You Need to Know About This Year’s Pilgrimage
Other entry requirements for
Proof of vaccination.
All arriving guests (except for certain exempted travelers) are mandated to show their proof of vaccination, obtaining one of the vaccines approved in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The vaccine certificates are required to be certified by official health authorities from the country that provided the vaccination for incoming passengers.
Duration between receiving the last dose (the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or the first dose of a single dose vaccine) should not be less than 14 days before travelling to Saudi Arabia. All Guests must carry their vaccine certificates at all times during their stay in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia (or proof of health status through applications and accredited programs in the Kingdom).
Tawakkalna app Must download by All arriving passengers before arrival and register upon arrival is mandatory. Once registration and proof of vaccination are complete and ready, log in to the Tawakkalna app and register your immunisation data on the app.
This Tawakkalana app is available in over more than 75 countries worldwide and Saudi Residents or Saudi visitors can easily upload their vaccine details easily:
- Download the app
- Fill in your personal information, which includes passport number, phone number, date of birth and nationality
- You will receive a verification code via SMS. Input the verification code
- Create a password of 8 or more characters.