Updated Last : 07 January 2022
Saudi Arabia Travel Guidelines and Requirements 2022
Known Latest’s Guidelines For Guests Travelling to Saudi Arabia.
Please go through and check Saudi Arabia Travel Guidelines & requirements before you start your Journey. There are restrictions on the categories of passengers who can enter Saudi Arabia at this time. If you are travelling to Saudi Arabia, you must take a COVID‑19 PCR test before departure. Travelling to Saudi Arabia 2022
Who can Travel to Saudi Arabia and how , As Country Ksa reopens to All Saudi Valid Visa Holders.
Saudi Arabia Travel eligibility :
Suspended Temporarily entry into the Kingdom for Guests coming from (Afghanistan, Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Eswatini, Lebanon, Lesotho, Mauritius, Malawi, Mozambique, Madagascar, Namibia, Nigeria, Seychelles, South Africa, Turkey, Union of Comoros Zimbabwe and Zambia, ). This includes passengers coming from other countries if they have passed through any of the aforementioned countries in the past 14 days before arriving to Saudi Arabia. This refer is not applicable for passengers who have spent 14 days or more in another country.
Planning to Visit The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Here’s your Travel guide. Saudi Revises International Travel Guidelines for International Passengers.
The exempted categories Travelling to Saudi Arabia are mentioned below:
Category 01 (India, Indonesia, Brazil, Egypt, Pakistan, Vietnam, ):
Ministry of Saudi Arabia Allowing direct entry to KSA, without spending 14 days outside of these countries. All Travelling Guests who have fully Vaccinated & completed all doses inside the kingdom of Saudi Arabia are exempted from the Mandatory 05 Days Institutional quarantine.
Mandatory Ksa Institutional Quarantine Packages for Guests Travelling to Saudi Arabia are mentioned below:
- Guests who have been fully vaccinated outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia must undergo a period of 5 days Mandatory institutional quarantine.
- Guests who have taken one dose of the vaccine Partially inside the Kingdom of Saudia Arabia must undergo institutional quarantine for a period of 3 days Mandatory.
Category 02 (Lebanon and Turkey):
Institutional / home quarantine Packages for exempted for specific traveller categories coming from restricted countries
Nationals of Saudi Arabia, Saudi family members and their accompanying workers, health practitioners, diplomats and their families who have been in suspended countries, and also all vaccinated residents of KSA who have received two doses of COVID‑19 inside the Kingdom, non‑diplomatic workers in embassies, consulates and international organisations accredited in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and their families and accompanying workers.
Saudi citizens Non‑vaccinated : Mandatory
- COVID‑19 PCR is not required before travelling
- Must comply with home quarantine for 5 days and COVID‑19 PCR testing on day 5 of quarantine
Vaccinated Saudi citizens:
- No procedures required
Saudi Residents Fully vaccinated in KSA 02 Doses:
- Mandatory Carry COVID 19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before Departure.
- Institutional quarantine Packages Exempted or COVID‑19 PCR testing is required on arrival.
Non‑vaccinated diplomats and their families:
- Mandatory Carry COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before boarding.
- Mandatory comply quarantine in home for 05 days and COVID‑19 PCR testing on day 5 of quarantine.
Non‑vaccinated health practitioners and their families:
- Must provide COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before boarding
- Those working in government sectors must comply with home quarantine for 5 days and take a COVID‑19 PCR test within 24 hours and another on day 5 of quarantine
- Those working in private sectors must comply with institutional quarantine for 5 days and take a COVID‑19 PCR test within 24 hours and another on day 5 of quarantine
Non‑diplomatic workers in embassies, consulates and international organisations accredited in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and their families and accompanying workers:
- Must provide a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before boarding
- Must comply with home quarantine for 5 days and take a COVID‑19 PCR test on day 5 of quarantine
All Categories working in public and private sectors (Staff members in universities, colleges and educational institutes, teachers in public education), those who are working as general training authority in a general institution for technical and occupational training and training institutes, scholarship students and their companions or families:
- Must carry a negative COVID 19 pcr test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before boarding
- Must comply with institutional quarantine for 5 days and take a COVID 19 PCR test on day 5 of quarantine. Those who have received one dose or have completed vaccine doses inside the Kingdom are exempted from institutional quarantine.
Category 03 (Afghanistan and Ethiopia ):
Institutional quarantine Packages Mandatory for 5 days will be applied for all passengers (including Saudi citizens)
The following below categories of Saudi Guests are exempted from institutional quarantine:
- Citizens of Saudi Arabia only transiting through these countries on their way back to the
- Diplomats and their families.
- Cabin crew
- Health practitioners and their families.
- Those involved in health supply chains, according to MOH.
Category 04 (South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lesotho, Malawi, Zambia, Madagascar, Angola, Seychelles, Mauritius, Union of Comoros and Federal Republic of Nigeria):
The following categories of passengers are exempted from institutional quarantine:
- Citizens of KSA, with a home quarantine to be applied to them for 5 days
- Guests who have spent at least 14 days in one of the permitted countries
The following categories or passengers are exempted from the entry ban:
- Citizens of Saudi Arabia
- Passengers involved in supply chains
Ministry List of health government entities that have quarantine facilities in their headquarters and institutional quarantine Packages is not required for their employees
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of National Guard Health Affairs
- Ministry of Education
- Armed Forces Medical Services
- MOI Medical Services
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
- General Intelligence Presidency
- Presidency of State Security
- Royal Clinic
- Saudi Aramco
- Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu
- General Sport Authority
- Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development
COVID‑19 testing requirements
All non‑Saudi nationals Guests, except children below 8 years old, must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test result issued by an accredited laboratory. The test must be done not later than 72 hours before the scheduled departure for KSA.
Saudi Arabian Citizens’ and their Non‑Saudi spouses, their non‑Saudi children, parents and accompanying domestic workers travelling to the Kingdom from other countries are exempted from the COVID‑19 testing requirement.
Fully Vaccination status requirements
- All Those who are vaccinated against COVID‑19 and show Immune in the Tawakkalna app.
- Guests who have received 02 doses of a vaccine authorised by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Guests who have received 02 doses of a vaccine approved by WHO but not authorised by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and received a booster dose from one of the approved vaccines in KSA (provided that the dose received outside the Kingdom has been registered on
Recovery from COVID‑19 infection will not cause for exemption from institutional quarantine.
first‑time visitors and Non‑residents :
- Guests who are above 12 years old and have completed the required doses of a vaccine approved in KSA.
- Guests who have received all doses of a vaccine approved by WHO but not authorised by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and received a booster dose from one of the approved vaccines in KSA.
- Both categories of passengers must provide proof vaccination in accordance with MHO requirements, and must register on the Quddum platform.
Recovery from COVID‑19 infection will not cause for exemption from institutional quarantine.
Saudi 03 Days Institutional quarantine Packages applies to the following Guests / travellers:
- All Guests coming from non‑restricted countries who have received a single dose of vaccine inside the KSA.
- Residents and Non‑citizens who are travelling to Saudi Arabia for a short visit, including for Hajj 2022 and Umrah 2022, who have completed one of the vaccines approved by the World Health Organization and not approved in the Kingdom (Sinopharm vaccine, Sinovac vaccine, Kovaxin vaccine, and Sputnik‑V vaccine).
- The duration period of the Saudi institutional quarantine shall be 3 days for all travellers coming from non‑restricted countries, who have received a single dose of vaccine inside the kingdom and for those who have completed one of the vaccines approved in the World Health Organization and not approved in the kingdom (Sinopharm vaccine, Sinovac vaccine, Kovaxin vaccine, and Sputnik‑V vaccine) for non‑citizens or residents and who are coming for a short visit, including Hajj and Umrah 2022.
Saudi 05 Days Institutional quarantine Packages applies to the following Guests / travellers.
- Residents who have received any of the vaccines approved by WHO but not approved in the Kingdom must undergo a 5‑day institutional quarantine, and should receive a booster dose of one of the vaccines available in the Kingdom after arrival in Saudia.
- Guests under this category must submit a negative COVID 19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure and undergo a Mandatory 5 day institutional quarantine. They must take a COVID‑19 PCR test within 24 hours of arrival at the quarantine facility and another one at the end of day 5 of quarantine.
- Quarantine will be lifted if the result of the day 5 test is negative. Residents of Saudia must complete the doses of the vaccines available in the kingdom after the end of the institutional quarantine period.
- Accompanied travellers are allowed to enter with the vaccinated parents under the following rules: Unvaccinated accompanying passenger below 18 years old must home quarantine for a period of 5 days & take a COVID‑19 PCR test on day 5. Child below the age of 8 years are exempted from PCR testing on day 5.
- Institutional quarantine for a period of 5 days for Unvaccinated accompanying passenger 18 years old and above undergo and take a COVID 19 PCR test within 24 hours of arrival and other one at the end of day 5.
- Guests who have recovered from COVID‑19 are not exempted from the quarantine requirement.
- Guests must Confirm Institutional Quarantine shall be in First port of Arrival Entry.
- All Guests must carry a valid passport (including GCC citizens).
- Vaccinated non Saudis must present proof that they have received the required doses and register their vaccination data online.
Guests travelling from non‑restricted countries under the following categories are exempted from institutional quarantine:
- Citizens of Saudi Arabia, spouses of citizens and their mothers, children of citizens and domestic workers accompanying any of individuals mentioned in these categories. Non‑vaccinated travellers – category must quarantine at home for 5 days and take a COVID‑19 PCR test on day 5 of quarantine.
- Home Quarantine for Non‑vaccinated domestic workers accompanying a vaccinated resident. Non‑vaccinated travellers in this category must quarantine for 5 days and carry a COVID‑19 PCR test on day 5 of quarantine.
- KSA Vaccinated citizens and residents (including their companions under the age of 18), the residents’ wives children under the age of 18 who are not accompanied by their families. Non‑vaccinated travellers in this category must undergo a 5‑day home quarantine take a COVID‑19 PCR test on day 5 of the quarantine period.
- Those holding a diplomatic visa, diplomats and their residing families and their domestic workers, provided they comply with quarantine procedures by staying in their homes in accordance to the MOH approved regulations.
- Official delegations: Passengers who are receiving an exemption from the institutional quarantine.
- Cabin crew
- Those involved in health supply chains, according to Ministry of Health
- Health practitioners working in government sectors, their families and companions who are under the age of 18. Travel companions below 18 years old must comply with home quarantine for 3 days and take a COVID‑19 PCR test within 24 hours of arrival.
Note: Non‑immune travellers from the above category must comply with 5‑day home quarantine requirement and take a COVID‑19 PCR test on day 5 of quarantine.
Fully Vaccinated travellers:
Passengers who have been vaccinated are exempted from quarantine (home or institutional), provided they present proof that they have received the required doses of the following vaccines authorised by the Saudi Arabian Ministry of Health:
- Two doses of Pfizer
- Two doses of Oxford AstraZeneca (Covishield)
- Two doses of Moderna
- One dose of Johnson & Johnson
On condition of that they have received an additional dose of the approved vaccines in the kingdom mentioned above.
An individual who has received both doses of a vaccine approved in the kingdom is not required to wait 14 days after receiving the second dose in order to travel to Saudi Arabia.
This is not applicable for an individual who has received a single dose of “Johnsons Vaccine”, as they would have to complete 14 days after receiving the vaccine to travel to Saudi Arabia.
All passengers must complete the health disclaimer form provided on board and present it on arrival to the Airport Health Control Centre.
Booking institutional quarantine
Booking your Saudi Institutional quarantine Packages ; Available for All Airlines.
Institutional quarantine packages must be booked with Kuwait Holidays. Your package includes your accommodation, transport to the hotel, three meals a day and two PCR tests. Prices are available upon request and hotels range from three to five stars.
- Packages must be booked and paid for a minimum of 72 hours before arrival into Saudi Arabia.
- Please share Passport & Ticket Copy to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Saudi Arabia Quarantine Package Request’
- A representative from our team will contact you via phone or email within 12 hours.
Effective 20 May 2021, passengers who are planning to travel to Saudi Arabia must have medical insurance that covers COVID‑19 treatment. This excludes citizens, residents, and GCC citizens. The insurance should cover the costs of treatment in outpatient clinics, emergencies, and hospitals, including institutional quarantine for a period of up to 14 days.
Passengers travelling to Saudi Arabia must download and register on the TAWAKKALNA app on arrival.