Last updated: 18 May 2021, Saudi Arabia Time.
FLIGHTS FROM / TO SAUDI ARABIA
Saudi Arabia Travel Guidlines & Updated Institutional Quarantine Process
If you are flying from / to The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you are kindly requested by health authorities in Saudi Arabia to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
- Continuing the suspension of travel for Saudi Citizens to the following countries:
“Libya, Syria, Lebanon, Yemen, Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Somalia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Belarus, the Republic of India and any country where the pandemic remains unstable”.
- Allowing Saudi Citizens to travel to the Kingdom of Bahrain according to the following conditions:
– Passengers must be over the age of (18) years, The health status in Tawakkalna must be IMMUNE, completed the COVID-19 vaccine doses or a recovered immune. This does not apply to those vaccinated with a single dose.
– Exception applies to those holding diplomatic visa, diplomats and their accompaniers, official delegations, cabin crews and those associated with health supply chains.
- Starting from 01:00 AM on 17 May 2021, the following conditions will be applicable to Saudi Citizens traveling abroad :
- Saudi Citizens should have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or have received one dose on the condition that (14) fourteen days has passed from the day of their first vaccine dose which matches the status on Tawakkalna APP.
- Saudi Citizens who had recovered from COVID-19 on the condition that (6) six months had not passed from their infection which matches the status on Tawakkalna APP.
- Saudi Citizens who are younger than the age of (18) eighteen years on the condition that they provide an insurance policy approved by the Saudi Central Bank which covers the treatments of COVID-19 abroad according to the instructions as established by the concerned entities.
- Non-Saudi nationals holding Tourist Visas are not allowed to enter the Kingdom during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Travelling with ID has been suspended for GCC citizens.
- All arriving guests including the members of diplomatic missions accredited in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and their families (except Saudi citizens and children below 8 years of age) must provide negative PCR test certificate issued from a verified laboratory does not exceed (72) hours from the time the test is undertaken until departing to the kingdom, and guests who did not provide the certificate will be denied from boarding the airplane.
- All guests, except passengers under the age of (8) years, to undergo two PCR Tests, within (24) hours of arrival and on 7th day of arrival. If the result is negative, they are permitted to leave quarantine on the 8th day.
- All guests travellers who intend visiting the Kingdom (excluding Citizens, Residents and GCC Citizens) must have medical insurance that covers the costs of COVID-19 treatment in outpatient clinics, emergencies and hospitals, including the institutional quarantine for a period of (14) days.
- All guests must obtain and show a prof of vaccination (vaccine certificates for COVID 19) with one of the flowing vaccines:
• 2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech
• 2 doses of Oxford AstraZeneca
• 2 doses of Moderna
• 1 dose of Johnson Johnson s Janssen
- Vaccine certificates are required to be certified by official health authorities from the country that provided the vaccination for incoming passengers, and the duration between receiving the last dose (the second dose of a two-dose vaccine or the first dose of a single dose vaccine) should not be less than 14 days before traveling to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Guests must carry their vaccine certificates at all times during their stay in the kingdom (Or prove of health status through applications and accredited programs in the kingdom) Failure to comply with these regulations makes travellers subject to legal liabilities .in addition to being denied.
- All international travellers’ guests arriving to Saudi Arabia must complete a period of (7 days) of institutional quarantine at their own expense starting from the time of arrival at the institutional quarantine facilities to the Kingdom. The following categories are exempted from the institutional quarantine:
• Saudi citizens, citizen spouses, citizen s children and domestic workers accompanying any of individuals mentioned in these categories.
Non immune travellers, in this category, shall comply with home quarantine for a period of 7 days, and be allowed to take the COVID 19 PCR test starting on the 6TH day of quarantine.
• Non immune domestic workers accompanying an immune resident Non immune travellers shall comply with home quarantine for a period of 7 days, and be allowed to take the COVID 19 PCR test starting on the 6TH day of quarantine
• Immune travellers as follows:
– For citizens or residents: whose status shows in (Tawaklna) application by completing their vaccinations against (COVID-19) those who have passed 14 days after their first dose or those who have recovered from (COVID-19) in a period not exceeding 6 months.
– For non-residents and first time visitors : Who have completed 14 days since receiving all doses of the vaccination (by an authorized vaccine by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), while providing a certificate or proof in accordance with the requirements set by the Ministry of Health.
• Those holding a diplomatic visa, diplomats and their residing families, on the basis that they adhere to the quarantine procedures by staying in their homes in accordance to the minatory of health (MOH) approved regulations.
• Cabin Crews
• Those involved in health supply chains, according to MOH
- All Guests must take a PCR test on the 7th day of arrival If the result is negative, they are permitted to leave quarantine on the 8th day.
- The list of the institutional quarantine facilities licensed by the Ministry of Tourism are available
- Above points not applied on countries that suspended from traveling to/from the kingdom in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as decided by the competent committee as a result of COVID-19 outbreak in these countries.
- Temporarily suspending entry into the Kingdom for all guests coming or passed from (Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Germany, United States of America, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Pakistan, Brazil, Portugal, United Kingdom, Turkey, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Lebanon, Egypt, India, Japan) and same applies to those who are coming from other countries if they have passed through any of the aforementioned countries during (14) days preceding their entry to the Kingdom. ( Except Saudi Citizens and their families and accompanying workers , Diplomats, Health Practitioners and their families. Also, they must undergo for self-quarantine as mentioned below and providing a negative result of (PCR) test certificate for Non-Saudi nationals over eight years old.
- Family members of Health Practitioners are allowed to travel to the Kingdom from the suspended countries stated in above point #12 without the need to be accompanied by the Health Practitioner and without the need to spend (14) days out of the suspended countries.
- All guests will undergo for self-quarantine as following :
- All guests arriving from countries (Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Germany, United States of America, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Pakistan, Brazil, Portugal, United Kingdom, Turkey, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Lebanon, Egypt, India, Japan) shall be quarantined in their homes for a period of (14) days.
- All guests arriving from countries in which cases of the strain of the new Corona Virus (B.1,1,7) were registered shall be quarantined in their homes for a period of (7) days.
- All guests who are arriving from the rest of other countries, the (7) days mandatory home quarantine shall be applied or (3) days at least with mandatory laboratory PCR exam.
- All guests must download and register on Tatamman and Tawakkalna Applications.
- Guests must assign home location Through Tatamman app within 8 hours of arrival.
- Guests most monitor COVID-19 symptoms, and immediately call 937 if any symptoms appeared or go to primary healthcare center or emergency if necessary.
- Guests must do daily health assessment in Tatamman app.
- Guests must follow precautionary procedures during self-quarantine at home as stated in the Health Disclaimer Form.
- Non-Saudi Citizens being family members (husband, wife or children) of Saudi Citizens or home workers (driver or domestic worker) of Saudi Citizens are allowed to enter the Kingdom directly if travelling with the Saudi Citizens and without the need to spend no less than (14) days outside the country in which the new strain of Corona Virus is spread but still need to provide a negative PCR test certificate issued from a verified laboratory does not exceed (72) hours from the time the test is undertaken until departing to the kingdom.
- Allow Saudi Woman who is married to Non-Saudi Man to travel to/from Saudi Arabia accompanied by her husband or joining her husband abroad by providing marriage document.
- Allow Saudi Men who are married to Non-Saudi Women who happen to be residing abroad to travel to/from Saudi Arabia to their wives by providing marriage document.
- Traveling abroad from UK :
- All guests traveling abroad from the UK must complete the Travel Declaration Form before their travel via the link here to confirm that they are legally allowed to travel abroad from UK.
- All guests must follow the rules & guidance of the UK lockdown, please check the “Stay at Home” restrictions via the link here.
01 Is institutional quarantine is needed for Passenger Travelling through Bahrain Cause way ?
Answe : No, its not needed for traveller who is already spending 14 days Quarantine in Bahrain,Home Quarantine Needed.
02 Institutional quarantine package for those ?
- Quarantine packages are subject to guest holding a valid SAUDIA TICKET PNR, reservation can only be availed if the air ticket was booked through SAUDIA, Or Registered Saudi Airlines Agency.
- Guests must check their eligibility for travel by the concerned countries and obtain the required permits and/or permissions, if needed.
- Conditions and guidelines are subject to frequent changes without prior notice.
- Guests must check the latest information about the conditions and guidelines required for travel from the official and authorized sources before traveling.
- Guests will obtain 2 Covid tests on entry and before exit.
- Please ensure you read and understood the terms and conditions as all packages are non-refundable. Please read the terms here.