Saudi Travel Guidelines and process How To Book Saudi Institutional Quarantine Packages Before Travelling from India or Other Countries
Updated 03 December 2021
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has recently re-established its connection to the outside world by way of reopening international flights to and from the Kingdom
Who can travel to Saudi Arabia ?
The below following categories of passengers are permitted to enter Saudi Arabia:
- Residents and citizen of Saudi Arabia;
- family members of first-degree Saudi Arabia Citizen;
- All citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates;
- Guests with an exit/entry, work, residence or visit visa issued by Saudi Arabia;
- Guests with a tourist visa issued by Saudi Arabia;
- Domestic workers of citizens of Saudi Arabia. They must be accompanied by the sponsor;
- Domestic workers of citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. They must be accompanied by the sponsor or one of the first-degree family members of the sponsor;
- Passengers with an Umrah visa.
Note : Saudi Iqama & Exit Re Entry must be Valid till you Reach Saudi Arabia.(As per Saudi Local Time)
Guests arriving from India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Egypt, Brazil and Vietnam are allowed to enter without spending 14 days outside of these countries subject to meeting the below-mentioned conditions regardless of their vaccination status outside of Saudi Arabia:
- Guests must hold a 5-day Saudi Institutional quarantine package to enter Saudi Arabia.
- Guests must register on Muqeem platform and receive a confirmation before departure.
- Guests are subject to PCR test upon arrival and during their institutional quarantine period.
- must have valid documents and follow other entry requirements.
This does not apply to:
- citizens of Saudi Arabia
- foreign citizens fully vaccinated in Saudi Arabia
Effective Starts- 4 December 2021, All arriving Guests from any other country other than Afghanistan, Angola, Botswana, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Malawi, Madagascar, Namibia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Union of Comoros, Seychelles, South Africa, Turkey, Zambia and Zimbabwe are allowed to enter subject to meeting the below conditions:
- Received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine taken inside Saudi Arabia.
- Passengers Must have Valid 3-day quarantine package booked to enter Saudi Arabia.
- Passengers must register on Muqeem platform and receive a confirmation before departure.
- passengers are subject to PCR test upon arrival and during their institutional quarantine period.
- must hold valid documents and follow other entry requirements.
Guests who are eligible to enter Saudi Arabia and are required to quarantine on arrival can also book institutional quarantine “Institutional Quarantine facilities approved by the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs and Housing”. The Quarantine booking confirmation must display a QR code which will be verified at the time of check-in and boarding from Departure Country..
What are the Documents Require to Travel Saudi Arabia. Pre-departure requirements
All Guests need to present a printed copy of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result certificate issued by an authorised laboratory no more than 72 hours before the last direct flight to the kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Citizens of Saudi Arabia and children under the age of 8 years are exempt from this requirement.
- All Guests, including citizens of GCC countries, must carry a valid passport.
- Guests Must have Valid Saudi Visit Visa
- Guests Must have Valid Saudi Iqama
- Guests must have Valid Saudi Exit Re Entry
- Guests must have Valid Saudi Tourist Visa
Note : All Documents Must be Valid Till you Reach Saudi Arabia ( Saudi Local Time)
- Exit/entry visas validity for residents of Saudi Arabia can be checked at https://muqeem.sa/#/visa-validity/check.
COVID-19 vaccination entry requirements
- Guests with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved in Saudi Arabia. This must be register in Muqeem and receive a confirmation before departure. Saudi Arabia Accept the list of Vaccines are: AstraZeneca (Covishield), AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty).
- Guests with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated with Janssen at least 14 days before departure.
- Guests who have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by WHO, but not by Saudi Arabia, and received a booster dose of AstraZeneca (Covishield), AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty). They must provide a proof of received vaccinations in accordance with the Ministry of Health and must be registered in the Quddum platform.
Guests with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they received the vaccine at least 14 days before arrival must complete “The registration immunization information form” available at https://muqeem.sa/#vaccine-registration/home; and must download the Tawakkalna App in Mobile and submit their personal details before departure. The complete registration confirmation must be presented at check-in.
All Guests Travelling Saudi Arabia after 01 December 2021 must have Valid medical insurance to cover their treatment of COVID-19. This does not apply to citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
The above Documents requirements are subject to change without prior notice By the Governments . Please check the IATA Travel Centre website before your flight to get the latest updates on the requirements at the country you are travelling from and arriving to.