Saudia release travel guidelines and requirements for 38 countries Including India.
JEDDAH — Saudi Arabian Airlines has issued travel guidelines and requirements for 38 countries around the world, following the announcement by Ministry of Interior after lifting the suspension of international travel, starting from 1:00 a.m. on Monday, May 17 for specific groups.
According to the guidelines, which was made public through its website, the national carrier said that passengers must check their eligibility for travel by the concerned countries and obtain the required permits and permissions, if needed.
Last updated: 4 May 2021, Saudi Arabia Time.
FLIGHTS TO SAUDI ARABIA ARE AVAILABLE STARTING FROM 17TH MAY 2021
If you are flying to The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, you are kindly requested by health authorities in Saudi Arabia to follow health guidance below to keep you protected when you travel with SAUDIA.
- Starting from 01:00 AM on 17 May 2021, the following conditions will be applicable to Saudi Citizens traveling abroad :
- Saudi Citizens must have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or have received one dose on the condition that (14) fourteen days has passed from the day of their first vaccine dose which matches the status on Tawakkalna APP.
- Saudi Citizens who had recovered from COVID-19 on the condition that (6) six months had not passed from their infection which matches the status on Tawakkalna APP.
- Saudi Citizens who are younger than the age of (18) eighteen years on the condition that they provide an insurance policy approved by the Saudi Central Bank which covers the treatments of COVID-19 abroad according to the instructions as established by the concerned entities.
- Non-Saudi nationals holding Tourist Visas are not allowed to enter the Kingdom during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Travelling with ID has been suspended for GCC citizens.
- All arriving guests including the members of diplomatic missions accredited in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and their families (except Saudi citizens and children below 8 years of age) must provide negative PCR test certificate issued from a verified laboratory does not exceed (72) hours from the time the test is undertaken until departing to the kingdom, and guests who did not provide the certificate will be denied from boarding the airplane.
- Above points not applied on countries that suspended from traveling to/from the kingdom in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as decided by the competent committee as a result of COVID-19 outbreak in these countries.
- Temporarily suspending entry into the Kingdom for all guests coming or passed from (Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Germany, United States of America, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Pakistan, Brazil, Portugal, United Kingdom, Turkey, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Lebanon, Egypt, India, Japan) and same applies to those who are coming from other countries if they have passed through any of the aforementioned countries during (14) days preceding their entry to the Kingdom. ( Except Saudi Citizens and their families and accompanying workers , Diplomats, Health Practitioners and their families. Also, they must undergo for self-quarantine as mentioned below and providing a negative result of (PCR) test certificate for Non-Saudi nationals over eight years old.
- Family members of Health Practitioners are allowed to travel to the Kingdom from the suspended countries stated in above point #5 without the need to be accompanied by the Health Practitioner and without the need to spend (14) days out of the suspended countries.
- All guests will undergo for self-quarantine as following :
- All guests arriving from countries (Argentina, United Arab Emirates, Germany, United States of America, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Pakistan, Brazil, Portugal, United Kingdom, Turkey, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Lebanon, Egypt, India, Japan) shall be quarantined in their homes for a period of (14) days.
- All guests arriving from countries in which cases of the strain of the new Corona Virus (B.1,1,7) were registered shall be quarantined in their homes for a period of (7) days.
- All guests who are arriving from the rest of other countries, the (7) days mandatory home quarantine shall be applied or (3) days at least with mandatory laboratory PCR exam.
- All guests must download and register on Tatamman and Tawakkalna Applications.
- Guests must assign home location Through Tatamman app within 8 hours of arrival.
- Guests most monitor COVID-19 symptoms, and immediately call 937 if any symptoms appeared or go to primary healthcare center or emergency if necessary.
- Guests must do daily health assessment in Tatamman app.
- Guests must follow precautionary procedures during self-quarantine at home as stated in the Health Disclaimer Form.
- Non-Saudi Citizens being family members (husband, wife or children) of Saudi Citizens or home workers (driver or domestic worker) of Saudi Citizens are allowed to enter the Kingdom directly if travelling with the Saudi Citizens and without the need to spend no less than (14) days outside the country in which the new strain of Corona Virus is spread but still need to provide a negative PCR test certificate issued from a verified laboratory does not exceed (72) hours from the time the test is undertaken until departing to the kingdom.
- Allow Saudi Woman who is married to Non-Saudi Man to travel to/from Saudi Arabia accompanied by her husband or joining her husband abroad by providing marriage document.
- Allow Saudi Men who are married to Non-Saudi Women who happen to be residing abroad to travel to/from Saudi Arabia to their wives by providing marriage document.
- Traveling abroad from UK :
- All guests traveling abroad from the UK must complete the Travel Declaration Form before their travel via the link here to confirm that they are legally allowed to travel abroad from UK.
- All guests must follow the rules & guidance of the UK lockdown, please check the “Stay at Home” restrictions via the link here.
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH DISCLAIMER FORM FOR PASSENGERS RETURNING TO SAUDI ARABIA:
THE PREVENTIVE MEASURES APPLIED IN SAUDI ARABIA IN REGARD FOR COVID-19 AND THE PENALTIES FOR VIOLATING IT :
- If a person who intend to travel to Saudi Arabia was diagnosed with COVID-19 or was in contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, he/she should declare to health authorities at their country, and not to travel until 14 days after diagnosis or last contact. Violations are subject for prosecution under (Health Control at Points of Entry Regulation). They would be subjected to fines not exceeding (500,000) Saudi Riyals, and held accountable to consequences of their violation on others.
- Perform COVID-19 PCR within the timeframe assigned by Saudi Arabia, and test result is proof of COVID-19 clearance. Violators will be denied entry to Saudi Arabia.
- If respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath) are present, declare to Health Control Centers.
- Sign documents required by health authorities and submit to relevant authority at point of entry.
- Download and register to applications required by health authorities.
- Violations are subject for prosecution under (Health Control at Points of Entry Regulation). They would be subjected to fines not exceeding (500,000) Saudi Riyals, and held accountable to consequences of their violation on others.
- Comply with isolation/quarantine according to time and location decided and mentioned in documents signed by traveler, update health status and report symptoms to health authorities. Violations of isolation/quarantine requirements are subjected to penalty not exceeding (200,000) Saudi Riyals or imprisonment for up to 2 years, or both. Repeated violations are subject to doubled penalties.
- Comply with preventive measures after completion of isolation/quarantine period:
- Social distancing and violation of preventive measures is penalized by (1,000) Saudi Riyals, including not using face-masks, not maintaining social distancing, refusing temperature screening at entrance to public or private facilities, and not complying with assigned protocols for persons with fever. Penalties are doubled when violations are repeated.
- Avoid large gatherings and not to invite to such gatherings. Violations are penalized by (10,000) Saudi Riyals. Penalties are doubled when violations are repeated.
- Maintain hand washing with soap and water and sanitization.
- Request healthcare when symptoms suggestive of infection appear, by calling health authorities on 937 and comply with preventive measures to protect the public.
The countries that come under the travel guidelines are the following: the United States, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Kuwait, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Malaysia, Morocco, Spain, Iraq, Ethiopia, the Maldives, China, Switzerland, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Austria, Bangladesh, Greece, Jordan, Kenya, Turkey, Germany, Bahrain, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Qatar, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Nigeria, Tunisia, Oman and Mauritius.
According to a recent statement of the Ministry of Interior, the following three categories of citizens will be allowed to avail of the decision to lift the suspension of travel outside the Kingdom.
First: The citizens who received two doses of coronavirus vaccine or those who passed 14 days after taking the first dose of the vaccine as confirmed by the data displayed on the Tawakkalna Application.
Second: Citizens who have recovered from coronavirus infection, provided that they have spent less than six months since their infection as confirmed by the data displayed on Tawakkalna App.
Third: Citizens under the age of 18 years, provided that they submit before travel an insurance policy approved by the Saudi Central Bank, covering the risks of COVID-19 outside Saudi Arabia in accordance with the instructions announced by the relevant authorities.
These people have to remain in home quarantine for a period of seven days after returning to the Kingdom and a PCR test shall be taken at the end of the quarantine period, while children under the age of eight years are exempted from the PCR test.
The directives regarding this category of citizens are subject to amendment in line with the instructions of the Ministry of Health.